We are excited to reopen our doors!
We have a long voyage ahead, so we are taking things slow and steady for the safety of our guests and crew members.
We are eager to serve you again and regain some sense of normalcy, but health and safety will be our #1 priority as we resume operations.
Tables spaced 6 feet apart and social distancing must be observed.
Bar Seating not available. We will try to seat based on guest preference,
but no particular area or table can be guaranteed.
PARTIES OF 8 OR FEWER only
Reservations for any party larger must be made by emailing email@example.com
Reserve on thereefnewport.com. To support contact tracing,
we ask for full name, cell phone number, and email address for all guests in your party.
90 Minute Reservations
VERBAL HEALTH CHECK for guests
GUESTS MUST SANITIZE HANDS
ONE TIME USE PAPER MENU
OR SCAN QR CODE FOR ONLINE MENU
Minimizing touched surfaces
Bottles, water pitchers and condiments will not be available on the table.
We will deliver condiments in freshly cleaned metal sauce bowls
and provide you with new glasses for water and drink fills/refills.
CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS AVAILABLE
AND STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
Thank you for choosing to dine at The Reef Newport! Please know that the health and safety of our customers and our team are of the utmost importance to us as we reopen for limited outdoor dining. To ensure that our guests receive the safest and most enjoyable dining experience possible, we have provided our guest dining procedures below for your convenience. We’re excited to welcome you back to our restaurant and thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- We are committed to being transparent and communicative with all guests. Per state regulation and to ensure the safety of our guests, we are unable to accommodate walk-in guests and must require reservations for all parties via our website or by calling The Reef directly. In accordance with the current guidelines we will ask you to provide your first name, last name, cell phone number, and email addresses. To respect social distancing rules, we will only be accepting parties of 5 people or less for outdoor patio seating. At this time, bar service and all indoor seating will be unavailable.
- Thank you for making your reservation! Once you arrive, your party may approach our patio host stand to the right of our main entrance. To minimize foot traffic, the main entrance of The Reef will be closed. Please note that for your safety, there will not be a waiting area provided inside or outside the restaurant. At this time, we cannot allow any consumption of outside food or drink, though you may have closed containers placed on the floor next to your table while you dine. Thank you!
- Our guests’ health and safety are our top priorities as we transition toward reopening our business. For this reason, our team will be required to provide a verbal wellness review upon entering the restaurant- a quick 2 questions asking if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, and if you have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with Covid-19 in the past 14 days. To ensure the continued safety of all those entering The Reef, we ask those feeling unwell or have had known exposure to someone with Covid-19 to join us at a later date.
- For your safety as well as our team’s, please make use of hand sanitizing stations before being seated by your host. Sanitizing stations are readily available for your use and are located next to both host stands at the front entrance and patio entrance. Our staff members are here to guide you to the nearest sanitizing station at any time during your dining experience with us and will kindly require that all guests are sanitizing their hands before they may enter.
- Choose from either a one-time-use paper menu to be disposed of after your visit, or simply scan our QR code located at our host stand with your android or iphone to access our touch-free, online menu!
- Upon being seated, you will notice that all tables will be distanced safely at 8 feet apart. To eliminate concern regarding touched surfaces, bottles or water pitchers will not be available on the table. Instead, kindly ask our staff for your condiments and water, and we will be happy to deliver condiments to your table in clean, metal sauce bowls and provide you with a new glass for water and drink fills/refills. Please note that our servers will be unable to fill any water bottles brought in from outside the restaurant.
- We hope that you have enjoyed your meal with us! All servers will be equipped with handhelds for you to pay your bill directly at the table. For our team’s safety, we encourage you to kindly pay via credit card swipe, chip-in-pin, or contactless payment such Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay.
Please know that we are also taking extra precautions with our staff members. To see what staff guidelines are being implemented for yours and ours’s safety, please read below.
We take the health and safety of our guests and team members very seriously. Please see below the strict guidelines we are implementing for our team members and restaurant sanitation:
Upon arrival for a shift:
- All team members are required to enter and exit through the back kitchen door. Upon arrival, they must leave all personal items such as coats, bags, and cell phones in a locker.
- All team members are required to immediately wash hands in one of the kitchen/employee bathroom hand sinks.
- All team members are required to check-in with a manager to have their temperature logged into the staff health binder. In addition, they will answer two health questions and initial that their response is “no” to each.
- “Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19 including sore throat, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell?”
- “Have you been in direct contact with anyone COVID-19 positive within the last 14 days?“
Any team member with a temperature above 100.5 (guideline for a fever), or has answered yes to either question, will not be able to work and will be directed to get checked and/or self quarantine for 14 days.
- To ensure uniform cleanliness, team members will be issued several uniform polos. Our back of house team members are required to change into their line shirts upon entering the building.
- Team members are required to leave their cell-phones in their locker for the entirety of their shift. They will be permitted to check cell phones in the staff area with permission from a manager, and are required to promptly wash hands after use. The house phone will be available to make or receive calls during a personal emergency.
- Front and back of house team members are required to wear face masks at all times.
- Team members working on the patio will be issued individual handhelds at the beginning of all shifts, and must sanitize their handheld with sanitizing wipes as frequently as possible. Staff must also sanitize pens with sanitizing wipes between each guest use.
- We will have a two person dishwasher team on at all times – one will be responsible for washing/rinsing dirty dishes, and the other will be responsible for removing clean dishes and putting them away. Both team members must be wearing gloves while working.
- Tables will remain clean and empty until guests are sat. Upon seating, the host will set the table with silverware kept up at the host station.
- All drinks will be made with fresh glassware, with the exception of wine refills. The bar will have mini decanters to fill and allow servers to bring to the table to pour for guests before returning to the bar. No decanter will sit on the table.
- All tables and chairs will be thoroughly sanitized between each party.
- Door handles will be sanitized every 15 minutes. Doors that can remain open to avoid touching door handles will be propped open (with the exception of bathroom doors.)
- Bathrooms will be sanitized every 15 minutes, with a cleaning log kept at host station and sheets archived for 30 days.
Q: How do I make a reservation?
A: Please visit https://thereefnewport.com/#res to make your reservation online, or call us directly at The Reef (401) 324-5852. Please be sure to provide the names and contact information for all diners in your party.
Q: How do I cancel a reservation?
A: Please use OpenTable.com or the OpenTable App to cancel your reservation, or, call us directly at The Reef (401) 324-5852. If you are cancelling your reservation the day of, we ask that you call us directly.
Q: Will I be allowed access to the indoor restrooms?
A: Yes, guests may use our indoor restrooms located through our dining room at the inside of the front entrance. Our restrooms will be sanitized every 15 minutes for your safety.
Q: Why do your servers wear masks, but not gloves?
A: Wearing gloves has not been recommended by the CDC as an effective way to prevent the spreading of viruses. This is due to cross contamination, in which a glove may come in contact with the virus and is then transferred to any other surface it comes in contact with. Instead, we are enforcing that all employees thoroughly wash their hands throughout their shift.